4 Tips for International Freight Shipping
December 15, 2017
If you're looking for a way to transport goods and cargo abroad, to your home, or someone else's home, freight shipping is what you are looking for. Freight shipping is the process of transporting commodities, goods, and cargo by land, sea, or air to destinations all over the world. This is often done with containers of different sizes that keep your merchandise safe. The service is ideal for getting goods to their destinations on time, safely, and in a cost-effective manner.
Freight shipping services are important to global trade, because whether you are purchasing a dozen shirts from the U.S.A or some shoes from China, having an economical way to ship goods is essential. There are many ways to transport cargo: by ships, airplanes, trains, and trucks. Each option has pros and cons. However, they all have the same purpose—delivering shipments that companies or people need in an effective manner.
Most people get very confused about how to send and receive merchandise or the best way to do it if the shipment originates in another country. That's why we have some tips if you are thinking about making an international freight shipment
- Choose the Appropriate Products.
The first thing you need to take under consideration is that not all products are good candidates for international shipping, so you must choose wisely, especially if you're trying to save money. The costs of shipping internationally will depend on weight and volume, which means that transporting some of your goods could cost you a lot more than their purchase price. That's why you should focus on relatively small, light, and easy-to-ship items.
- Try to Learn all Regulations and Requirements
All countries have their own regulations concerning import taxes and acceptable import products, so we recommend that you research these requirements before shipping anything overseas. You should be conscious of any guidelines regarding the import and export of the goods you're trying to ship. There are certain products that are restricted in some countries, such as electronics, jewelry, and precious metals, etc. That's why you should be careful and learn all regulations and requirements first.
- Use Fulfillment Services
If you want to avoid headaches when shipping internationally, there are a lot of companies these days that specialize in fulfillment services. A fulfillment service is defined as a third-party company that provides the order fulfillment steps for another party. They typically charge a flat fee per order and will take care of all the packing, labeling, shipping, and all the rules and regulations required to transport your merchandise overseas.
- Track Your Package
Have you try to send something to a friend from another country and it got lost in the way? This is the solution. When you are about to finish your shipment process, there is a tracking option that allows people to follow, or track, the status of a shipment while it is in transit. Although this would likely increase the price of the freight, is an advantage since it can prevent the risk of getting your package lost in international transit, which is a typical risk because it is usually transferred from one shipping service to another.
What Is the Best Freight Shipping Company for International Transport?
At CA CARGO INC, we offer tracking services on all the goods you'd like to ship, among other options that we provide as experts in freight shipping in the U.S.A, such as international logistics, import, export, and cargo screening. Our international agents are specialists in sea and air freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions. With over 14 years of experience, we now provide door-to-door services to and from the U.S., South America, and Europe.
We can ship all types of merchandise, including (but not limited to) vehicles, farm supplies, fragile marble slabs, and heat-sensitive medical supplies from the U.S. to the following countries:
- Argentina: we carry your packages, vehicles, purchases, and anything else you're allowed to the ports of Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Rosario, and Mendoza.
- Brazil: CA CARGO INC can take your shipments to the port nearest your destination in Brazil. We land in Santos, Rio de Janeiro, Itajaies, Paranaguá, Fortaleza, Suape, Victoria, Salvador, and Betim.
- Bolivia: We land at the ports of Arica, La Paz, Cochabamba, and Santa Cruz de la Sierra.
- Colombia: We offer services to the ports of Buenaventura, Cartagena, Medellin, and Bogota.
- Spain: We will take your packages to the ports of Valencia, Barcelona, and Madrid.
- Ecuador: CA CARGO INC can take your packages and anything you are permitted to Guayaquil and Quito.
- Mexico: We can take your goods straight to the ports of Veracruz and Morelos.
- Paraguay: We land at the port of Asunción.
- Peru: We can take your packages, vehicles, purchases and anything else you want to the port of Callao.
- Uruguay: We can take your goods to the port of Montevideo.
- Venezuela: We ship to the ports of Palua, Puerto Cabello, and La Guaira.
If you are near these locations and need a quality, certified freight shipping company, CA CARGO INC is your best option. For more information about our services, or to request a quote, contact our specialists by filling out the contact
form. Find us on Facebook as Ca Cargo Inc.
, and follow us on Twitter as @cacargoinc
, and Instagram @cacargoinc
. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have!